Friday, June 4, 2010

Swine Flu was so 2009.

Spotted: Seamen on the Portland waterfront. Looks like the Sailors are in town. And although I would love to join in with the cliche, I prefer a nice, quiet, indie boy sea breeze to a studly Popeye. Careful Portland queers, think those sailors follow the Don't ask, Don't Tell policy? ;)
Yesterday brought on a hectic awakening which took place at 7 a.m. For the next three hours my time was spent on walking, max riding, job interviewing, and applying for college. .......What? You thought the Cereal Man didn't have any responsibilities? I'm just as human as you. Albeit a few personality quirks.
Between jobs and roaming pcc campuses, I stopped at Anna Bananas for one last time before my intentional hiatus. The experience was minimal at best. And it just goes to show that the banana has gone overly ripe. Sorry Anna, but we begged you not to ban smoking from the basement. What is there to do there now, except toss flannel to the hipsters, and watch the street car pass.
My last stop on this early morning venture was set for Lloyd mall. While stepping off the max I caught sight of a majority of pedestrians wearing surgical masks. Really people? I thought swine flu was over. Guess we've moved on to a new epidemic. And I wasn't even informed.
I haven't been to a mall since Christmas of 2008. Nothing much has changed. Well, almost nothing. The Disney store is gone, Hot Topic traded in their Gothic black door entryways to a modest almost brook stone style white wall (ouch), and the bathrooms now have folded heaters to dry your hands in. But the ice skaters still skate, the Asians still pass out free samples on level three, and the Pirate store is still standing?
This was also the first time I walked by Nordstrom since I had been fired. I even mustered up the courage to walk in, only to say hi to Amy if she was there. But alas, no Amy. And I made my way out the left entrance quickly. I'm torn over every job I've lost bloggers, it's never nice and it can sear you as bad as a breakup. To quote Michael Scott: "Good managers don't fire people. They hire people."
Ernie Boy wasn't at work, and so it was time to get back on the max for a P.T.S.D. laced journey. But since I've accomplished so much, the guilt of locking myself away in the house for a Gossip Girl marathon has diminished, and become rewarding.
In a bit of sad news, a report from Tonya last night at around 9:30 P.M. stated that Rue McClanahan has died. I am saddened, because this makes the third Golden Girl down. All that remains is Betty White. Hold on tight dear Betty. We're not ready to lose you. And goodbye dear Rue. If there is a heaven, and if God loves queers, I look forward to tossing back a couple of cosmos with you in the great big sky.
Or, do old ladies drink sherry?

No comments:

Post a Comment