Tuesday, July 6, 2010

...and the rest. Here on Cereal Island. PART II

Part Deux of yesterday's blog. Is typed with a heavy hand. All in good time, lovelies. All in good time. Though I'm sure at this moment you're skipping these next paragraphs in order to find your name, read what title your given, and move on. Still, I must continue speaking on my behalf.

Yesterday was an homage to the characters who have made appearances in the Portland blog. The party guests, the supporting players, etc. They are what build a strong story arc to my entries. Without them I'm afraid you would be left with nothing but a mashochistic mind with pessimisstic sentences forming sadistic paragraphs. It is a bit ironic that I'm facing lonliness and abandonment issues when I am writing with such praise on the droogies of mine. Though, not all of them are very nice, I'm well aware. But what would our life's adventure be without its healthy share of villains?

What I'm getting at bloggers is that, I use to hold these people in such high regard, and some, more or less most of them I still do. Yet in about 23 hours I will be on a plane headed for Long Beach, CA. And I think should I bother coming back? Have I invested so much emotional attachment to this city of Portland that I've blinded myself as to other oppurtunities elsewhere could hold? In spite of what you may have heard, Portland is NOT the nicest and friendliest city. A chance to leave all of it behind. The people who've hurt me, the ones who have dissapointed me, the jobs I've lost, the unemployment plauge, I dont look at it as running away so much as I see it as a prison break.

I'm beginning to ramble so I'm moving on. The titles, and one last paragrapgh for closure.

Cereal Man's Portland Bowl Prizes:

Ernie Boy: Humane Homo
Tonya Belle: Southern Comfort
Ragin Megan: Contemporary Fag Hag
Scotty Hotty: Thorn in Lion's paw
Sonic Kayla: No Wave DJ of life
Jazibee: Rriot Butch killer.
Brent Davis: Man Child.
Olivia: Hispter Creamer.
Ryan 1: Energy Rapist.
Little R.: Texas T.
Boy Wonder: Spare smoke.
Harryhausen: Gresham gatekepper.
Heather Phinney: Untarnished Blasphemy.
Noah Hoah: Venus Mars cowboy cowgirl.
Baby Troy: Hand that rocks the cradle.
Vivica Valentine: Texas Chainsaw Masscara.
Ajah Asia: Fetish Squid.
Miky: Berry muffin.
Raijah Royale: Blushed stone.
Nathan Hoover: Bohemian Storyteller.
Ryan Marquez: Geek extrordonare.
Alice Wonderland: Lotus ciggarette blossom.

And there you have 'em. The superstars that never were. The products of my Warhol factory that never had their 15 minutes, let alone 5. It doesnt nessecarily break my heart that within three months my blog has failed to garner an audience without me pushing certain blog entries onto people's facebook page. I've had some good times. Which is almost unacheivable at this stage in life. And just think...if I choose to come back all the fresh stories that will take place. The comedy, the romance, the deaths. But have I decided that I'm coming back? I havent even decided if I'm going to continue blogging while I'm in California.
Whichever way the servings are proportioned, the parties over. The champaignes gone stale, the cereal's past it's expiration date. Milk spoiled. Prizes recalled for Made in China posion issues.
So long, Portland. If I find nothing beyond the state line, I guess I'll be put back in your clutch.
There's just got to be...



3 comments:

  1. You should totally keep posting things. You can't go short with this if its what you wanna do. I know you need this to further grow fame. It may or may not happen but you should stick with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Harryhausen, the fame is only the smallest germ in the petrie dish. My main Sylvia Plath conventions lie in the fact that I'm near the end of my Portland rope. Those who I thought were my friends have turned out to be nothing but moments in time that filled the void of...whatever I was doing at the time that left me empty. Theres no work here. Not to say that theres work in california, but at least I have the opition to be a spoiled Californian rather than a homeless Portlander. I'm empty here. I cant afford to be more empty.
    And I cant rape my Portland blog entries with foreign agents entries about CALIFORNIA. I love Portland too much to do that.
    So, we'll see...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which is not to say that you were a failed friend. You are one of perhaps four that remain my trues. :)

    ReplyDelete